Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More Balikbayan Box STUFF ...

The Balikbayan Box that we had shipped a month ago just arrived today. It was such a happy surprise to see the box on our front door when I arrived home. 


Here's a peek at some of the stuff we bought ... 



My sister-in-law brought us some Speculoos (Cookie Butter) from Canada and I've been craving for some ever since. Good thing I was able to find some while we were in New York. If you've never tried Speculoos, the consistency is like smooth and creamy peanut butter.  You can spread it on bread, toast and crackers or just eat it straight out of the bottle with a spoon. It tastes like gingerbread with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. Speculoos is like Christmas in a jar! 




I bought my 5 year old daughter the kiddie version of my favorite childhood game, Operation. The object of the game is to use the tweezer to pick up the different pieces without touching the sides and setting off the buzzer, when you do the patient's nose lights up. We had a blast playing this game.




1 comment:

  1. Love it. I love receiving balikbayan boxes, especially nowadays that sending is more affordable. Thanks to competitive rates offered by the couriers.

    ReplyDelete