Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bacolod Eats in Manila!

I attribute my being a Foodie and my love for good food to the fact that I was born and raised in Bacolod. People who have visited my hometown always come back to Manila raving about all the delicious food they ate. 

I'm sooo excited to share some of my top Bacolod Eats because they are finally available here in Manila!

BOB'S is one of my favorite childhood restaurants. I remember Sunday lunches and dinners here with my family. Bob's is located at OPL Bldg. Dela Rosa St., Legaspi Village Makati, Tel. No. 310-2627. Open Monday-Friday only. 

You've gotta try: 


Chicken Sate  - Chicken Inasal basted with peanut satay sauce and served with special Sate rice. This is my fave dish but you can also order the equally popular Sate Babe which is the pork bbq version with the same yummy satay sauce. 


Mongolian Bowl - For me this is one of the best Mongolian bowls in Manila because they mix in the special peanut satay sauce (same sauce as the Chicken Sate) and it adds a unique taste only found at Bob's. Tip: let them mix your sauce for you, just specify if you want sweet, spicy or sweet and spicy. Some people mix their own and they don't get the right blend. 


Mango Pavlova - end your meal with this light and creamy meringue dessert with layers of whipped cream, fresh mango cubes and almond slivers.  

You can also try Bob's Baby Back Ribs, Flaming Chicken, Sizzling Bangus, Siopao, Cheesy Potato and burgers. 

Being at KUPPA Roastery and Cafe brings back some fun high school memories. Kuppa was known as Celyn's and it was a popular burger place in Bacolod that we would always hang out in because of the yummy Whimpy's Burger and Cheese Deluxe Sandwich. The Manila branch is located at Commerce Center Bldg., 31st St cor. 4th Ave Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Tel. No. 623-5120. 



Whimpy's Burger - This unique burger is smothered with creamy cheese sauce on one side and delicious sweet gravy on the beef side. This is what I keep coming back for. 





French Deluxe Sandwich - An old-fashioned triple decker sandwich made with smoked ham, chicken salad and lettuce topped with cheese sauce. 

Try their decadent Matt's Chocolate Lava Cake for dessert ... you can thank me later!



Check out their extensive coffee selection, decadent desserts, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, pizzas, San Andres Tapa with rice and Lamb Caldereta.  




No comments:

Post a Comment